- Do the lights work without interruption?
Fonroche Lighting guarantees 365 nights per year operation of all its off-grid solar streetlight systems thanks to a combination of:
• a solar panel that rapidly and efficiently captures the sun’s energy
• a battery that stores at maximum capacity
• an LED bloc that converts the stored energy to light, the whole system smartly controlled by our unique energy box
- Does the system work during winter, when there’s no sun?
Even during winter there is enough brightness for our solar-powered streetlamps to work perfectly, brightness which is captured via the monocrystalline technology used in the construction of our solar panels, which are made in Agen.
The system adapts to the amount of light available – for example, if there is significant brightness over several consecutive days, the energy box will regulate the output to the LED bloc, slightly reducing the lighting power so that the battery retains enough energy to recharge itself. This system means the solar streetlight never needs to be turned off.
- How much maintenance do Fonroche solar-powered streetlights need?
There’s practically no maintenance necessary for our streetlights. The panel is self-cleaning and set at an angle so that any sediment (snow, leaves etc) does not collect on the panel, which will be cleaned by rainfall. The first time any maintenance will be necessary is after 10 years, when the battery will need to be changed. We do, however, recommend cleaning of the LED block from time to time – just an occasional wipe with a cloth will ensure no residue builds up which may impede the lighting.
- Who installs the solar streetlights?
We do not install our lighting systems – we will normally use electrical fitters based in the area where the system is to be installed, or engineers who work for a national company. Some town halls have their own workshops, so will make their own arrangements as to how they wish to fit our lighting.
- Is solar streetlighting more expensive than grid lighting?
In comparison with grid streetlighting, our products are priced very competitively. In addition, our streetlights are 100% autonomous, and do not generate an electricity bill. Moreover, installation does not require trenches, cables or cabinets. You will quickly notice just how economical an autonomous system is, when compared to being connected to the grid.